Despite the resulting complexity in predicting and potentially influencing VPG, AQ turned out to be a robust predictor of this performance metric for both sales and marketing.
- There is a positive, statistically significant correlation between AQ and VPG across the population.
- For sales, those in the top quartile of AQs sell 43 percent more than those in the bottom quartile of AQs, on average.
- For marketing, those in the top quartile of AQs sell 30 percent more than those in the bottom quartile of AQs, on average.
- AQ and mean AQ varied significantly across portals.
- AQ accounts for about 12 percent of the median VPG across the sales portals, a substantial value.
- The Reach dimension was most predictive for sales VPG.
- The Control dimension was most predictive for marketing VPG.
- As is typical for a sales-related function, the average AQ of this group (160) was substantially above the global average from all functions (147.5 for version 6.0) but not as high as some top- performing sales groups (mid 170s).